Thursday, March 4, 2010

Accomplishment :]

I finished Ashley's hat tonight! So excited! I haven't made a hat in a while. I did more than 50% in combination style, then I was knitting in the dark and I kept dropping stitched so I opted to go back to the regular method. Bella my build-a-bear panda would like to model it for you. It's a basic knit hat. I am thinking of adding a flower or something to it. I never made a flower before though. 

So, me and Rob went to the mall. I couldn't find itty bitty toys! :[ I was so sad. But we did go to Gentle Jungle, our pet store in the mall. We took out two amazing dogs which I wanted. Well, I wanted the bull dog anyways. He was a little boy and so precious! But, he is $2800 wayyyy too much to spend on a dog. People are ridiculous to charge that much! The German sheperd was $1400. Like, some cars don't cost that kind of money!

Don't mind me lol! He had cute jowels.  
The German Sheperd stole my shoe!

The dogs do this to Rob everytime! And they like to chew his shoelaces!


SO PRECIOUS!

So then we went to target and that was fun. But in the car we tried thinking of knitting to driving analogies and this is what we came up with:

Knitting/Purling: 1st gear
Stockinette: 2nd gear
Ribbing: 3rd gear
letting your project linger: neutral
frogging: reverse
Dropping a stitch: stalling
Cables: Donuts
Breaking your needle: Battery dying
Speed knitting: Speeding
Patterns: Directions
Ravelry: Mapquest 

we are quite silly when we aren't trying to be lol. 
Tomorrow on break I'll be going to Betty's again. Hopefully I'll finish the spots on the giraffe & I can put her together too. I'm trying to thing of a good name for her before I send her to her new home. I don't like Giraffe-y too much. I think it should be like Gigi or Gertie. Those are two of my mom's aunts that past away before I was born, but I always loved those names. Gigi Giraffe. I think I like it. Or GeeGee Giraffe. (GG?) Idk. But It'll be hilarious. :]

Tomorow, also may be starting my slippers finally! Betty said she would help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment