Saturday, April 3, 2010

WEBS! LARGEST YARN STORE IN AMERICA!

And it was big! I was so excited! We got there around 2 ish and I was in love. I got around 11 balls of yarn, mostly Nashua woolly stripes. new fave even though the last color i used bled all over my hands and needles. oh well its gorgeous and soft. I also bought some mohair, so alpaca worsted glow which is amazingly soft, one ball of alpaca grande (IT WAS ON SALE!) and some di.ve in a really funky color. I tried to get things Bayberry didn't carry because how boring would that be? I did find this awesome Della Q notion bag and I really regret putting it back because it matched my needle case and that's a discontinued pattern, mainly the reason it was on sale. I also bought some roving! can't wait t make some soap!

After our Webs adventure me and Robby ventured to find food. We found a friendlys and were like, it's safe we know we like it lets just go and get home. So we did and it was so nice. The water ACTUALLY tasted like water. I actually drank it! 



Then we went back to Rob's and watched some TV for a little, then went over to my house because I really needed to start something with my new yarn. I decided to do the hurricane hat in woolly stripes' ocean colorway. It's cute I like it so far. It's a really easy pattern. It looks so much more intricate than it is. I'm going to go 2 1/2 more inches and then decrease. Hopefully it's a bit slouchy because that's how I roll. 



I decided I am going to make AnneMarie a hat out of my Nora yarn. She asked for a summer hat. Its a summer ish color/ yarn and I'm going to make another hurricane hat but for her. I'm using skinnier yarn and larger needles to make that open look for summer. Hopefully it turns out well. I might do the brim in the reccommended needle and then up it for the main body. 


Harriet came with us to webs, i really wish i took pictures in there, i was just in awe really. i can't wait to go back. but with MORE money.


I didn't buy any Spud and Cloe, it was really expensive, way out of my league. even the alpaca grande was out of my league but its so softttttttt and it was on sale. so no spud for me :[ but i can manage to do Susan's deisgn with my ever growing stash. 


I decided i want to make baby wheeler a hat out of itty bitty hats instead of booties since i don't have any unisex colored baby yarn. so until i find out what it is it will get a hat. I can't wait until my book comes in and I can choose a hat to do! hopefully ravelry can help me out until then.


So after all this stuff we went to Jess & Dan's house and played with Mr. Sparkles and Rob played drums. I got half my hat done. Tomorrow I'll do the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment