Thursday, April 1, 2010

Things I learned today

1. Knitting is like riding a bike, you never forget how.
So I went to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner and I just got home. While I was there I was knitting and my cousin Ji He said I want to knit and my cousin He Young wanted to learn too. So Ji he was telling me how she knew how to knit when she lived in Korea and I handed her my hat and said try it. And SHE REMEMBERED! I was so amazed! I showed her how to cast on and she picked that up so quick so she went and got some chop sticks and I gave he rthe other end of my yarn ball and she went to town! I was so excited! I told her I'd give her more lessons when I finished the semester. But she can have the yarn and I'll lend her some needles. :] And I'll teach He young after the semester too. She said she needs a good stress buster for all the classes she's taking.
 
2. Knitted hats warm your head, and they can also warm your heart.
That's a quote from cousin Ivan from Korea! He's silly he wants me to knit underwear. I've seen a pattern but I don't think it's something I'd ever want to do... or wear lol.
3. Kids love knitted stuff!
At work I was getting ready to leave and I said "I'm going to the knitting store I'll be back!" and this boy in our class who has asbergers said to me, "Bring me back some knitting" I said sure thing of course knowing I'd make progress on my Robin Hat. Of course I did I got half way done and I showed him upon my return and he said, "can I keep it?" I said "well no i'm not done and its for me actually but i can make you something" "oh yeah a hat please. red with some pink and purple too" I laughed and told him a red one would be good no girly colors lol. So I knit that up tonight I can't wait to give it to him Monday.
 
4. I love adding on new grandparents!!
I had such a fun time running the shop with Rosemary and Ralph! The told me they didn't have a grand daughter so I volunteered my services. I have about a million sets of grandparents and I love it! They are such nice people though! I can't wait until they visit again!
 
5. I missed Mert a LOT!
MY MERT WAS THERE TODAY! It made my day! I haven't seen her since October! It was fun to catch up with her and show her all my progress. she's like my other knitting mentor. Her and betty are my dynamic duo! :]

 

3 comments:

  1. We love you too, Emilene! You are a very sweet lady and a knitting machine to boot! Holy Cow! I've never seen such a fast knitter as you.

    Thanks for 'pulling my bacon out of the fire' with these odd sales transactions. Couldn't have done it without you. We enjoyed having you to chat over the two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilene--Can't figure out how to e-mail you--Knitpicks is having a sale on swifts. Thought of you when I saw it........j\


    Linda Morris
    lkmknits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! you're great Ralph! It was fun to help you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed my company as much as I enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete