Saturday, August 28, 2010

last weekend of summer!

so this is my last weekend of summer before school starts monday. or well... tomorrow i guess now that i stayed up so late. i'm trying to finish everything before the weekend is over but i know it won't happen. but let me get you caught up on the past two days until i go into what i am doing today.

i finished pillow monster! i sewed her all together and stuffed her up! i loveee how it came out. it is SO big. i want to make these when i have my own house as throw pillows.

ok so friday after bayberry closed we had pizza & soda while we started to put together our blanket. everyone knit a square (i knit 1 ripped it out to the halfway point and sandy knit the rest for me lol) and we are putting it together to raffle off at the plainville block party.


it was fun to learn a new technique. jen taught us how to sew the blocks together to make the blanket. we got a big chunk of it done before we left!




i finished my puppy today! he's so cute. i love his little blue eyes. he reminds me of a pound puppy.

maybe i'll go back and make his ears longer to match these guys.

i bought some berrocco campus at bayberry friday so i can start on my cowl. its coming out good. i had a problem though. my needles twisted and then my stitches twisted but i didn't realize until i was very far. but it looks like a mobius which is basically a twisted cowl i guess. i like how its coming out. i finished my first ball and i'll move onto the second in the beginning of the week.

today me and rob went to mystic seaport. we had so much fun! after we went to the seaport museum and walked around we went over the downtown mystic to walk around. so much fun. it was such a perfect day to walk around by the ocean.
 we climbed like 5 sets of stairs to get in this boat. i was so scared.


going up i took this picture. rob said jets made it. we didn't even realize it said something until i looked just now on the computer!
an old fashioned loom in one of the houses.
i like ship wheels. & anchors.


we went over to mystic river yarns and i got a skein of blue sky alpaca worsted cotton. in raspberry. when all my orders and my cardigan are done i am going to make another envy cowl. i even bought black buttons for it.

when i got home purl really missed me. i gave her some pirates booty and i put the bag on her cage... she tried to pull it inside ha ha. which reminds me...some fell on top of her cage...and now they are gone. silly purl.



tomorrow i am going to make the following: snowman hat, bunny hat, princess crown, santa hat, and pumpkin hat. i keep losing my needles so i may have to go grab a set at acmoore or something to do these projects. i just bought the sample interchangable needles from knitpicks but they only start at 24" and i love 16" cables. oh well. its fun to try new things. and i can't wait to use the harmony ones. they are all crazy colors.


btw. i am looking for a girl & boy model infant to toddler age to be my model for these hats. email me if interested!

i should go to bed. NIGHT!








No comments:

Post a Comment